More about Hiking Socks
As we've talked with people in our classes and walkers met elsewhere, there seem to be many opinions about the best kind of hiking socks. In the past we have stuck with Smartwools or other merino wool socks, or Thorlos, and have been generally satisfied. However, in the meantime have gotten other recommendations. Based on one of these, we've purchased a pair of Wrightsocks, and will be testing them. Check here under "footwear" for a description, and check back later for our evaluation.
Leave a Reply.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos
Contact us at: