Thursday--14-miles to O Pino
Thursday--rain gear again
The wonders of walking in the rain
Rainy Wednesday scene
For us, Wednesday was 90% rain
Walking in the rain is part of the experience of our Camino. It felt rather special again today. But we are ready for sun to return now. We've had about enough of this specialness.
Local cheese expertise
The owner of the Hotel Carlos taught us about local cow milk cheese. We had the fresh cheese fixed with olive oil, oregano, and black pepper. Then he brought us the semi-curando and the curando. What a treat!
In Melide eating pulpo
The sunny 50%
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos
Contact us at: