Day 6 - Viana to Logroño
walked this section on October 6, 2019
We gave ourselves a shorter walk today, about 6 miles, mostly level. Logroño is a lovely city and we wanted to soak it in. We arrived to find a marathon ongoing and most of the streets closed. People were cheering the runners from every intersection. I saw several runners stop to hug their fans. That was special :)
We spent most of our time wandering on the squares, stopping for coffee, washing clothes at our hotel, and enjoying the ambiance. Having found our pension last night to be a bit lacking in anything except ambiance, we opted for a hotel in Logroño and did not regret it.
Tomorrow, we are on our way to Navarette.
Leave a Reply.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos
Contact us at: