Day 4: Walking to Montbonnet
It was our fourth day away from home and our first full day of walking. We climbed down from our hotel in the old city, walked through the commercial district, and climbed back up the other side. After the first mile or so, the trail leveled to a gradual rise toward our destination about 12 miles away. It was a bit of a challenge to get our legs in gear, even with all our neighborhood and Millhopper training. It didn't rain until the last few miles.
Leave a Reply.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos
Contact us at: