walked this section on October 11, 2019
We started the morning, very briefly, along the road again. The truckers redeemed themselves for sweeping away our energy yesterday. Today they honked, waved, and gave us a thumbs up to encourage us onward. Yay, Truckers.
The trail soon moved away from the road. The vistas were expansive. The villages were welcoming.
Pam and James are also keeping a blog. The URL is https://jplavidaesunsueno.home.blog
We completed our 7+ miles by 1:00. We stayed at San Anton Abad in Villafranca. We took private rooms in the albergue. Luxury rooms were available, but we were feeling more pligrim-like this day. We washed clothes and hung them. Spent the rest of the afternoon painting and blogging.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos