Yesterday we walked 11.5 miles with our full packs at San Felasco Hammock. It was in the high 50s when we started, the mid 60s when we stopped for a break at the halfway point, and the low 70s when we finished. We even had a couple of downed trees to climb over or walk around . . . just to liven up the hike. What more could you wish for!
Today we are in Cedar Key for the Small Boat Festival. We took it easy . . . no packs, and only about 7 miles. The town is full and everyone is enjoying the water and sun.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos