We are considering offering our Community Education class, Hiking the Camino in Spain, as a one-day immersion mini-workshop on a weekend in February or March. The Saturday class, from 9:00 to 5:00, would cover all the why, when, what, where, and HOW questions of preparing for a Camino hike. Sunday would be a long training hike at San Felasco Hammock. We would cover about 6 miles, have a break for lunch and rest, and then a second 6-miler on a different trail. Folks could do either or both segments. Does this idea sound appealing to Camino Dreamers?
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos