posted September 28, 2019 from the Atlanta airport while waiting for our flight
Here is Meg and Steve's house where Stela is happily ensconced.
Here we are in Fredericksburg. We arrived at Pam and James' yesterday in early afternoon to complete our final planning and packing. This morning we are almost ready. Backpacks are full. One shared bag to check through with all the liquids and our walking sticks. Off to the airport soon!
We drove to Richmond, flew from there to Atlanta, and will leave for Madrid shortly. Yes! We are ready!
Reading from the Beginning to the End
If you'd prefer to read about our Camino trips from their beginning points to our return, rather than blog-style . . . from the most recent post backwards in time . . . go to the section labeled Our Caminos.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All of Our Caminos