We are leading the Santa Fe College Community Education class, Hiking the Camino in Spain, again this year. If you are thinking about walking The Way this year, come and join this 3-session workshop. A tentative class agenda is in our January 3 post.
Hiking the Camino -- Almost Everything You Need To Know
We will offer this class through the Santa Fe College Community Education program in Gainesville FL on January 22, January 29, and February 5 from 6:30 to 8:00. We will cover the topics people have requested in the past, including these:
There will be plenty of time to talk about whatever the folks in this group want to discuss. We will have a short set of photos each of the three nights to give a feel for what the trail and villages are like. Come and join the fun.
Click on the Class Info tab for a tentative agenda.
Reading from the Beginning to the End
If you'd prefer to read about our Camino trips from their beginning points to our return, rather than blog-style . . . from the most recent post backwards in time . . . go to the section labeled Our Caminos.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- About Us
- Our Caminos