Our plane doesn't leave for a while and we have yet to change into our traveling clothes, but after a frenzied couple of hours, we have all our gear ready to go. We're hope we've included all the stuff we'll need for the next five weeks. The duffel contains our walking sticks, scissors, jackknife, and liquids, plus lots of stuff we will be using as hospitaleros and leaving at the albergue. It will be sent as checked baggage, but we'll be bringing our backpacks as carry-ons. We've taken similar photos as we were about to depart for our other Caminos, and this is the first one that doesn't have a dog in it. Here is a link to our 2012 version.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos