On the Trail Again
We had dinner last night with Martha and Jim who we last saw on Padron. The pedestrian-zone streets of Santiago were full of people eating are cafés even at 10:30 at night. We tried, unsuccessfully, to think whee we could find such a scene at home. Any candidates? As we left our cafe, a rock concert was warming up in the Square of the Dead next to the cathedral. Note that beer and spirits were being sold out of one corner of the cathedral--gotta love the Spanish!
Leave a Reply.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos
Contact us at: