Our Pilgrim Gathering Saturday evening in Gainesville FL was a smashing success! There were 25 attendees...6 have hiked it previously and 15 have tickets in hand to go this summer, including 3 who have gone before. 6 are leaving in April, 6 in May, and 3 in June. There were 5 who are still dreaming about when they can go, and 3 (including an 8-year-old) trying to resist. Ha! they don't have a chance! Since they cared enough to come to a Gathering, they are really already hooked, they just don't know it yet.
Note Michaelyn, on the left in the green shirt. She is leaving April 21 and has created a blog that has a compelling first post: www.xcreek.blogspot.com Check it out. You will not be disappointed.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos