Day 2 - Uterga to Cirauqui
walked this section on October 2, 2019
The morning has been lovely—-and much more flat than yesterday. Instead of going directly to the next town, we took a detour, extending our walk to visit the famous octagonal-shaped church at Eunate. It was possibly built by the Knights Templar in the image of the Church of the Holy Sepluchre. Soon after we arrived, two bus loads of German Christians pulled in to have Mass in the courtyard. We were ready to walk on.
From Eunate, we walked to Puente la Reina, where we rested at the Hotel Bidean for coffee and a snack. The rest of the day's walk was not so flat as the morning's had been. We wore ourselves out again.
Leave a Reply.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos
Contact us at: