A Gathering in Gainesville
On the evening of November 6, 2016 we hosted a gathering of local people who had walked the Camino, taken one of our Camino preparation classes, or are contemplating undertaking a hike on the Camino in the future. About 30 of us met for more than two hours in the Blues Creek Clubhouse.
Several participants gave brief "5x5" presentations, but the bulk of the evening was spent enjoying excellent food and the pleasant company of like-minded people. At the gathering we were also able to announce that we again be offering our class at Santa Fe College in three sessions on January 28, February 4, and February 10, 2017. For the first time we will be meeting on Saturday mornings.
Leave a Reply.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos
Contact us at: