Our Pilgrim Gathering Saturday evening in Gainesville FL was a smashing success! There were 25 attendees...6 have hiked it previously and 15 have tickets in hand to go this summer, including 3 who have gone before. 6 are leaving in April, 6 in May, and 3 in June. There were 5 who are still dreaming about when they can go, and 3 (including an 8-year-old) trying to resist. Ha! they don't have a chance! Since they cared enough to come to a Gathering, they are really already hooked, they just don't know it yet.
Note Michaelyn, on the left in the green shirt. She is leaving April 21 and has created a blog that has a compelling first post: www.xcreek.blogspot.com Check it out. You will not be disappointed.
Reading from the Beginning to the End
If you'd prefer to read about our Camino trips from their beginning points to our return, rather than blog-style . . . from the most recent post backwards in time . . . go to the section labeled Our Caminos.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- About Us
- All of Our Caminos