walked this section on October 6, 2019
We gave ourselves a shorter walk today, about 6 miles, mostly level. Logroño is a lovely city and we wanted to soak it in. We arrived to find a marathon ongoing and most of the streets closed. People were cheering the runners from every intersection. I saw several runners stop to hug their fans. That was special :)
We spent most of our time wandering on the squares, stopping for coffee, washing clothes at our hotel, and enjoying the ambiance. Having found our pension last night to be a bit lacking in anything except ambiance, we opted for a hotel in Logroño and did not regret it.
Tomorrow, we are on our way to Navarette.
Reading from the Beginning to the End
If you'd prefer to read about our Camino trips from their beginning points to our return, rather than blog-style . . . from the most recent post backwards in time . . . go to the section labeled Our Caminos.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos
- Virtual Camino