We are looking forward to the party tonight. Paella is in the making. Spanish wine is ready. Autumn herbal teas are cooling in the refrigerator. Photos of the Camino Frances are rolling on the big screen, and of the Le Puy Route in France and the alternative Via de La Plata route in Spain are rolling on the digital picture frame. All we need now are folks to share stories about their experiences. Our fictional characters, Bert and Helen, might share some of their stories too.
Reading from the Beginning to the End
If you'd prefer to read about our Camino trips from their beginning points to our return, rather than blog-style . . . from the most recent post backwards in time . . . go to the section labeled Our Caminos.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- About Us
- Our Caminos