Yesterday we walked 11.5 miles with our full packs at San Felasco Hammock. It was in the high 50s when we started, the mid 60s when we stopped for a break at the halfway point, and the low 70s when we finished. We even had a couple of downed trees to climb over or walk around . . . just to liven up the hike. What more could you wish for!
Today we are in Cedar Key for the Small Boat Festival. We took it easy . . . no packs, and only about 7 miles. The town is full and everyone is enjoying the water and sun.
Reading from the Beginning to the End
If you'd prefer to read about our Camino trips from their beginning points to our return, rather than blog-style . . . from the most recent post backwards in time . . . go to the section labeled Our Caminos.
Peg and Russ Hall
- Second Wind
- Why Walk It?
- Step 1. Planning Your Camino -- What kind, Where, When, How far, Alone, Getting there . . .
- Step 2. Getting Ready -- Training, Packing, Gear, Clothes, Electronics, Passports, TSA . . .
- Step 3. Being There -- Money, Lodgings, Food, Language . . .
- Step 4. Adapting -- Guidebooks, Websites, Trail conditions, Schedule, Water, Weather, Pain, Hazards, Phones . . .
- Step 5. Being a Pilgrim and a Tourist -- Types of pilgrimmage, Roman roads, Medieval life, Wonders . . .
- Step 6. Living the Lessons of the Camino -- Once or again, Connecting at home, Being hospitaleros . . .
- Who Are We?
- All Our Caminos
- Virtual Camino